Interdisciplinary Center for Advanced Science and Technology at University of Split
ICAST is an interdisciplinary initiative in nanoscience, including nanobiology, structured optical and catalytical materials for biosensing, fuel and solar cells. Research projects at ICAST are based on multi-disciplinary approach to the scientific topics that unifies advanced computer simulations, which are the expertise of the ICAST scientific team, with the experiments at the scientific frontiers that are realized through the cooperation with a number of teams at the leading Universities in Europe and in the US.
RESEARCH DIRECTIONS AND INTERDISCIPLINARY DOCTORAL STUDY:
• Nanoparticle-biomolecule hybrid systems for development of biosensors
• Unifying concepts in biological and materials aging
• Nanostructures for design of new materials
• Design of selective peptide antibiotics
• Research in environmental protection and renewable energy resources